Welcome to InsomniacGamerZ.net Subscribe to our Vimeo channel! Follow us on Google+! Follow IGZ on Twitter! Like the IGZ page on Facebook! Subscribe to IGZ's Youtube Channel!Mark forums read | View Forum Leaders

InsomniacGamerZ.net

JTAG & RGH Related Modding Discuss anything about the JTAG or RGH hack. This includes homebrew, unsigned code, or any other related discussion.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
How to Play Original Xbox Games on a JTAG
Old 06-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
Founder

Gamertag: Twis7eD
Member No.: 1
Thanks Received: 1156

Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!
Awards Showcase
Nice Streak! Post It! Dedicated Member 2 Year Anniversary Happy Anniversary! Thanks! Good Citizen Well Connected Streamer Bootlegger Masterchief Uploader 
Total Awards: 18
Send a message via AIM to Twis7eD Send a message via Skype™ to Twis7eD
How to Play Original Xbox Games on a JTAG

I know a lot of you would like to have the ability to run those non-compatible xbox1 games on your JTAGs? I know i did for sure, i was missing some old good times from "Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance" got fed up and put these files on and let's just say i feel so happy that i can play one of my all time favourite games.

Now it's really simple, this will only work on an XDK or a JTAG so keep that in mind, fooling yourself and trying on a retail, I take no responsibility.

However i will provide the original HDD files, incase you do mess up.

So first up, you are aiming to open up your HDD in the FATX application of your choice, You will then go into partition 2 > Compatibility Folder.

Now listen carefully, copy all of those files in that directory, and make a backup somewhere you will keep safe and not lose.

Next, delete all of the files in the compatibility folder.

Next extract the folder given in the download link which will contain the files you need.

Once extracted highlight ALL of the files in there, and drag/insert to Partition 2 > Compatibility Folder.
Close HDD And Go Play!

Download:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/364641889/Xbox361-nov2007-Venomous_Fire.rar
Password:
Venomous Fire

Pictures of VF playing MGS2 Substance

Special Thanks To - Venomous for supplying the files.

Twis7eD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Twis7eD For This Useful Post:
expl0it (11-27-2010)
Old 11-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #2

Member No.: 16974
Thanks Received: 0

fluffyalien626 is on a distinguished road
I tried this hack, and it worked perfectly. But now that I updated to the latest dashboard (dashboard 12416) it doesn't seem to be working any more at all. It just freezes while loading (when you see the Xbox 1 logo with the white background).
Is there going to be a fix for this, because I'd like to play my classic xbox games again.
fluffyalien626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Founder

Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!
Awards Showcase
Nice Streak! Post It! Dedicated Member 2 Year Anniversary Happy Anniversary! Thanks! Good Citizen Well Connected Streamer Bootlegger Masterchief Uploader 
Are you using dash launch with your 12611 dash or are you just using the newest kernel alone? Because I believe the newest version of dash launch allows you to do real time memory editing and play original Xbox games. Haven't tried playing any original Xbox games yet, though, so I can't confirm it.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #4

before the update, I was able to boot xbox1 games from my usb harddisk, using xexmenu 1.1 (by browsing to the xbe file).
It always worked, but now that I updated to 12611, I found out they all freeze. (all regular 360 games still work though, so that's not the problem).
Could it be that Microsoft blocked this hack or something?

(sorry if I sound n00bish, it's all still pretty new to me)
Old 11-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
Founder

Awards Showcase
No, I'm pretty sure it still works. Since you don't seem to get what I'm saying, I'll try to slow it down for you

Dash launch is an application for JTAGs that can allow you to do many things. It allows you to hack memory in real time. This means that you can mod things from your computer and see the changes appear before you in real time. It also allowed you to boot into custom dashboards instead of the regular dashboard that Microsoft made. So, you could boot into FreeStyle Dash or XeXmenu. Now, for the newest dashboard, I think you may need it to play original Xbox games. So, go to this post: http://insomniacgamerz.net/forums/jt...h-v2-05-a.html and you'll see the folder that you can download Dash launch from. You'll need this program to download it from: Auto Xbins

Once you have dash launch, there is a readme included with it. Read up on everything in there. It's extremely simple to install. Just put the XeX's that it tells you to on your HDD and run them and it will update your console with the newest version of dash launch. Then run an original Xbox game to see if it works.

Tell me if you have any problems and I'll try to help. I can go into more detail if you need me to.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #6

thanks a lot, it's working now

Although I installed v2.06, which got released recently. thanks
Old 11-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
Founder

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyalien626 View Post
thanks a lot, it's working now

Although I installed v2.06, which got released recently. thanks
v2.07 is out now, actually. I believe it was released yesterday or the day before. Not many issues were fixed, but I was just informing you just in case you cared.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twis7eD View Post
v2.07 is out now, actually. I believe it was released yesterday or the day before. Not many issues were fixed, but I was just informing you just in case you cared.
by now, I also got a pm from someone telling me the same thing as you did. But as long as 2.06 is working, I'm not updating.
Thanks anyway.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #9

Member No.: 21251

pkabbasali is on a distinguished road
hi, After i updated to 12611 and intalled dash update 2.06 then i intalled the latest Nov-2007 backward compatibility update by running the default.xex through xex-menu (it created 2 folders on hdd1. 1 is $system update and 2 is $title update) but the xbox1 games don't work. Do i need to install the backward compatibility update someother way? would be really greatful if you could guide in which folder of 360 hdd1 to put what files through xex-menu to make this backward compatibility update work.
pkabbasali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:27 PM   #10
Founder

Awards Showcase
Just follow these steps:
Quote:
So first up, you are aiming to open up your HDD in the FATX application of your choice, You will then go into partition 2 > Compatibility Folder.

Now listen carefully, copy all of those files in that directory, and make a backup somewhere you will keep safe and not lose.

Next, delete all of the files in the compatibility folder.

Next extract the folder given in the download link which will contain the files you need.

Once extracted highlight ALL of the files in there, and drag/insert to Partition 2 > Compatibility Folder.
Close HDD And Go Play!
If you need me to go into anymore detail, then I will. Also, please make sure that the game you want to play is compatible with 360 because some games aren't.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #11

Member No.: 21251

pkabbasali is on a distinguished road
how can i go to partition 2 using xexmenu or free style dash.
pkabbasali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
Founder

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkabbasali View Post
how can i go to partition 2 using xexmenu or free style dash.
You can't. You will need a transfer cable or some other way to directly connect your 360 HDD to your computer. USB will not work because it doesn't get formatted with a partition 2. It only has 1 partition.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #13

Member No.: 21692

ym901s is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the great work!

I haven't try MGS2: Substance to ascertain whether it works but Wreckless: The Yakuza Mission doesn't.

Any help?

Btw is this unofficial Venomous Fire list allows ALL Xbox1 games to be played on a JTAG Xbox 360?

If not how can we add our desired game in the "Compatibility" folder in HDDX?

Thanks in advance!
ym901s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #14
Founder

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by ym901s View Post
Thank you for the great work!

I haven't try MGS2: Substance to ascertain whether it works but Wreckless: The Yakuza Mission doesn't.

Any help?
Don't really understand what you are trying to say here. If you didn't play the game, and that mission is in the game, how do you know that mission doesn't work?

Quote:
Btw is this unofficial Venomous Fire list allows ALL Xbox1 games to be played on a JTAG Xbox 360?

If not how can we add our desired game in the "Compatibility" folder in HDDX?

Thanks in advance!
This is Venomous Fire's post, but it doesn't allow ALL original Xbox games to be played. It only allows original Xbox games to be that were able to be played on a retail Xbox in the first place before it was modded.

I also don't understand your second question. If the game you want to play isn't compatible with the Xbox 360 and this hack, then there is no work around. You can't play it.